Sunday, May 9, 2010

Places I've been - NYC

Most of my time in New York was spent walking. East to West, North to South, I walked the grids just to avoid the stinking, unbelievably complicated subway lines. Besides, unlike other things in New York, walking is free of charge and you don't have to tip anyone afterwards.

At the end of the day, when I was overwhelmed with fatigue, I awarded myself with a good draft beer or cocktail and some awesome live music. I only regret not having eaten more street food - I never tasted those giant pretzels, for instance. Now I'll never know if they taste like the small packaged ones. What a shame.


Some of the most memorable:
The music scene: Nublu62 Avenue C b/w 4&5th
The better ales: D.B.A.41 First Avenue b/w 2&3rd
Lovely jazz: Iridium - 1650 Broadway
and the lovely peach muffins at Bread Factory Cafe - 785 Lexington Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...